The stunning standalone, with a chilling edge of psychological suspense, from the No.1 Sunday Times bestselling author of the Will Trent and Grant County series.
The Good Daughter will have you hooked from the first page to the last, and will stay with you long after you have finished reading!
One ran. One stayed. But who is…the good daughter?
Twenty-eight years ago, Charlotte and Samantha Quinn’s childhoods were destroyed by a terrifying attack on their family home. It left their mother dead. It left their father – a notorious defence attorney – devastated. And it left the family consumed by secrets from that shocking night.
Twenty-eight years later, Charlie has followed in her father’s footsteps to become a lawyer. But when violence comes to their home town again, the case triggers memories she’s desperately tried to suppress. Because the shocking truth about the crime which destroyed her family won’t stay buried for ever…
About the author
Karin Slaughter is the No. 1 internationally-bestselling author of more than a dozen novels, including the Will Trent and Grant County series and the instant New York Times bestsellers Cop Town and Pretty Girls. There are more than thirty-five million copies of her books in print around the world. She lives in Atlanta, Georgia.
- ‘This is a great writer at the peak of her powers. Karin Slaughter is at her nail-biting, heart-stopping, emotionally-draining best’ Peter James
- ‘Karin Slaughter has – by far – the best name of all of us mystery novelists. More to the point, THE GOOD DAUGHTER is Karin Slaughter’s most ambitious, most emotional, and best novel. So far, anyway’ James Patterson
- ‘Simply the best book you’ll read all year. Raw, powerful and utterly gripping – yet written with a tenderness and empathy that will break your heart’ Kathryn Stockett, bestselling author of THE HELP
- ‘The darkness of the past is very present in this utterly chilling thriller. With heart and skill Karin Slaughter keeps you hooked from the first page until the last’ Camilla Lackberg
- ‘It’s big, dark, rich, satisfying, and bloody – like a perfectly cooked steak’ Stuart MacBride
- ‘The best yet’ Lesley Pearse
- ‘This is Slaughter at her best, and that’s really saying something’ Guardian
- ‘A great read’ Daily Mail
- ‘The best suspense novel of the year’ Daily Express
- ‘Fierce, savagely well-written’ Metro
- Praise for Karin Slaughter:
- ‘I’d follow her anywhere’ Gillian Flynn
- ‘One of the boldest thriller writers working today’ Tess Gerritsen
- ‘Her characters, plot, and pacing are unrivalled’ Michael Connelly
- ‘Passion, intensity, and humanity’ Lee Child
- ‘A writer of extraordinary talents’ Kathy Reichs
- ‘Fiction doesn’t get any better than this’ Jeffery Deaver