The mouth-watering new book from acclaimed author illustrator, Oliver Jeffers.
Henry loves books… but not like you and I. He loves to EAT books! This exciting story follows the trials and tribulations of a boy with a voracious appetite for books.
Henry discovers his unusual taste by mistake one day, and is soon swept up in his new-found passion – gorging on every delicious book in sight! And better still, he realises that the more books he eats, the smarter he gets. Henry dreams of becoming the Incredible Book Eating Boy; the smartest boy in the world!
But a book-eating diet isn’t the healthiest of habits, as Henry soon finds out…
About the author
Oliver Jeffers graduated from The University of Ulster in 2001 with First Class honours. His outstanding talent has been recognised by several high-profile awards, including the Nestlé Children’s Book Prize Gold Award. ‘Lost and Found’ animation was broadcast on Channel 4. Oliver lives and works in Brookyln, New York.
- “Mouth-wateringly irresistible” The Guardian
- “This is a book that children will devour.” The Observer
- “The whole thing looks good enough to eat.” Times Educational Supplement
- “a beautifully produced edition that really is good enough to eat.” The Bookseller
- “with IBEB, Jeffers has produced his most appealing work yet, conjuring up a magical piece of fiction that is not only divinely illustrated and wittily told, but perfectly realised.” Junior