Bestselling crime author Helen Fields is back with yet another breathtaking, page-turning crime thriller that will keep you up all night…
The island watched and wept…
In search of a new life, sixteen-year-old Adriana Clark’s family moves to the ancient, ocean-battered Isle of Mull, far off the coast of Scotland. Then she goes missing. Faced with hostile locals and indifferent police, her desperate parents turn to private investigator Sadie Levesque.
Sadie is the best at what she does. But when she finds Adriana’s body in a cliffside cave, a seaweed crown carefully arranged on her head, she knows she’s dealing with something she’s never encountered before.
The deeper she digs into the island’s secrets, the closer danger creeps – and the more urgent her quest to find the killer grows. Because what if Adriana is not the last girl to die?
Beautifully haunting with twists and turns you’ll never see coming, The Last Girl to Die is your next obsession waiting to happen. Perfect for fans of Stuart MacBride and MJ Arlidge.
‘Helen Fields is hugely talented’ – Caroline Mitchell
‘One of the best in the business’ – OK!
About the author
Helen Fields studied law at the University of East Anglia, then went on to the Inns of Court School of Law in London. After completing her pupillage, she joined chambers in Middle Temple where she practised criminal and family law for thirteen years. After her second child was born, Helen left the Bar.Together with her husband David, she runs a film production company, acting as script writer and producer. Perfect Remains is set in Scotland, where Helen feels most at one with the world. Helen and her husband now live in Los Angeles with their three children and two dogs.
- PRAISE FOR HELEN FIELDS
- ‘Watch out Rebus, McRae and Perez there’s a new detective in the running to become Scotland’s fictional top cop…a real cracker of a page-turner that is truly difficult to put down.’ Scotland Correspondent
- ‘Compelling, breathtaking and a tense ride from that unbelievable opening scene right to the last word. Brilliant!’ Angela Marsons
- ‘Deliciously dark and gritty, Perfect Silence will glue your fingers to the page and make the hairs stand on the back of your neck. Another winner from the hugely talented Helen Fields.’ Caroline Mitchell
- ‘A tightly plotted tale of obsession and manipulation.’ Woman
- ‘Must read! With nail-biting twists at every turn, [Perfect Remains] will have readers gripped from start to finish.’ Closer
- ‘Read it in two sittings. I literally had no choice. A fast and enthralling thriller, pitting a new, very human hero against one of the scariest psychos I’ve yet encountered in crime fiction.’ Sunday Times bestseller, Paul Finch
- ‘Without doubt, this is one of the best first detective series I have read.’ Woman’s Way Magazine
- ‘Genuinely chilling.’ Saga Magazine