Welcome to the Midnight Gang! Midnight is the time when all children are fast asleep, except of course for… the Midnight Gang. That is when their adventures are just beginning…
When Tom gets hit on the head by a cricket ball, he finds himself at Lord Funt Hospital, and is greeted by a terrifying-looking porter. Things go from bad to worse when he meets the wicked matron in charge of the children’s ward… But Tom is about to embark on the most thrilling journey of a lifetime!
The Midnight Gang tells an extraordinarily heartwarming and, of course, funny story of five children on a hospital ward – and on a quest for adventure! It is a story of friendship and magic – and of making dreams come true. Readers are set to be utterly spellbound by this heartfelt story that will bring magic to everyone.
About the author
David Walliams has revolutionised reading for children and become one of the most influential children’s writers today. Since the publication of his ground-breaking first novel, The Boy in the Dress (2008), Walliams has seen unprecedented growth with global sales exceeding 32 million copies, and his books translated into 53 languages.
- PRAISE FOR DAVID WALLIAMS:“A pleasure to read. A beguilingly funny, original and thought-provoking tale… hilarious” – Amanda Craig, The Times
- “I absolutely love David Walliams’s books. In a few more years they will become classics” – Sue Townsend, author of Adrian Mole, Guardian
- “The new Roald Dahl” – Evening Standard
- “A triumphant mix of wit and warmth” – Telegraph Books of the Year
- “Ridiculously over-the-top and utterly delightful “ – Spectator
- “Another triumph for David Walliams. His books are a breath of wonderful fresh air” – Sun
- “David Walliams’ children’s books are now guaranteed bestsellers… watch this fly off the shelves” – Daily Mail
- “Delightfully funny” – Metro