The “master of ticking-bomb suspense” Jeffery Deaver brings us the latest thriller featuring his most beloved protagonists. Lincoln Rhyme and Amelia Sachs are back – on the hunt for a criminal terrorising New York City
A killer without limits
He comes into your home at night. He watches you as you sleep. He waits.
A city in turmoil
He calls himself ‘The Locksmith’. No door can keep him out. No security system can catch him. And now he’s about to kill.
A race against time to stop him
Nobody in New York is safe. Now it’s up to Lincoln Rhyme to untangle the web of evidence and catch him.
But with Lincoln under investigation himself, and tension in the city at boiling point, time is running out…
About the author
Jeffery Deaver is the No.1 international bestselling author of more than thirty novels, three collections of short stories, and a nonfiction law book. His books are sold in 150 countries and translated into 25 languages. His first novel featuring Lincoln Rhyme, The Bone Collector, was made into a major motion picture starring Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie. He's received or been shortlisted for a number of awards around the world. A former journalist, folksinger, and attorney, he was born outside of Chicago and has a bachelor of journalism degree from the University of Missouri and a law degree from Fordham University. You can visit his website at www.JefferyDeaver.com.
- Praise for The Colter Shaw series:
- “Gripping and ingenious tale of greed and deception in the American wilderness” The Times Thriller of the Month
- “[An] outstanding sequel to 2019’s The Never Game…Deaver balances suspense and plausibility perfectly…This is a perfect jumping-on point for readers new to one of today’s top contemporary thrillers writers.” Publishers Weekly
- “Deaver’s reputation as a master of the corkscrewing plot is well earned… Colter Shaw seems certain to become an enduring series lead.” Booklist
- ‘The Never Game is the very definition of a page-turner’ Ian Rankin
- ‘Terrific writing, vivid and raw, Deaver grips from the very first line and never lets up. He is, hands-down, one of the finest thriller writers of our time’ Peter James
- ‘Nailbiting’ Guardian
- ‘Deaver is a masterful storyteller and he’s on top form with The Never Game’ Daily Express
- ‘As always, Deaver gets you in his stealthy grip on page one, and then takes you on a wild and inventive ride …this time with new star character Colter Shaw. No one in the world does this kind of thing better than Deaver’ Lee Child
- ‘Masterful storytelling — The Never Game is Deaver’s most riveting, most twisty, most unputdownable novel yet’ Karin Slaughter
- ‘Lightning-fast and loaded with twists, The Never Game is a thrill a minute from one of the best. Don’t miss it’ Harlan Coben
- ‘Jeffery Deaver scores yet again with a fascinating new detective, Colter Shaw, and a plot as full of thrills and twists and turns as you would expect from him. With The Never Game you know you are in the hands of a master. But be warned—don’t start this too late in the evening because sleep would be an annoying interruption once you’ve started reading!’ Peter Robinson