The ninth Logan McRae thriller from the No. 1 bestseller Stuart MacBride.
‘Dark and griping. A riveting page-turner’ Independent on Sunday
One mistake can cost you everything…
A little girl’s body washes up just outside the sleepy coastal town of Macduff, kicking off a major manhunt. Officially, the investigation is out of Sergeant Logan McRae’s hands, but DCI Steel’s Major Investigation Team, drafted in from Aberdeen, is getting nowhere fast.
Steel is running out of ideas and time. She wants Logan back on her team, and doesn’t care how she gets him there.
One thing is clear: there are dangerous predators lurking in the wilds of Aberdeenshire, and not everyone’s getting out of this alive…
About the author
Stuart MacBride is the Sunday Times No. 1 bestselling author of the Logan McRae and Ash Henderson novels. He was crowned World Stovies Champion in 2014 and was awarded an honorary doctorate by Dundee University in 2015.Stuart lives in the northeast of Scotland with his wife, Fiona, their cats, hens, horses, and a vast collection of assorted weeds.
- Exciting … a guaranteed bestseller’ Literary Review
- ‘New Logan McRae novels are close to the top of my unmissable list, and yet again MacBride delivers. His chaotic cop hero is at his best. Superb storytelling’ Sun
- ‘Another from MacBride’s fantastic series of Logan McRae novels. A real page-turner’ Sunday Mirror
- ‘Stuart’s meticulous research shows. At times it feels like you are sitting in the back of a police car overhearing conversations between real policemen’ Sunday Sport
- ‘Another riveting page-turner … emotional and affecting.’ Independent on Sunday
- ‘Skilful storytelling … strong characterisation … both intriguing and engrossing’ Laura Wilson, Guardian
- ‘The multiple plots move fast’ Independent
- Praise for Stuart MacBride:
- ‘MacBride is the natural heir to the late and much lamented Reginald Hill’ Andrew Taylor, Spectator
- ‘MacBride is a damned fine writer – no one does dark and gritty like him’ Peter James
- ‘Fierce, unflinching and shot through with the blackest of humour; this is crime fiction of the highest order’ Mark Billingham
- ‘Some of the grittiest crime-writing in the field’ Independent
- ‘Admirers of tough, modern crime novels will be in seventh heaven – or should that be hell?’ Express
- ‘Ferocious and funny’ Val McDermid
- ‘Hard-hitting prose with a bone-dry humour and characters you can genuinely believe in, Stuart MacBride’s novels are a real treat’ Simon Kernick