From Daniel Silva, author of the #1 New York Times bestsellers The New Girl and The Other Woman, comes a stunning new action-packed thriller of high stakes international intrigue featuring the enigmatic art restorer and master spy Gabriel Allon.
LOST FOR CENTURIES,
ONE BOOK HOLDS THE KEY.
Legendary spy and art restorer Gabriel Allon has slipped into Venice for a much-needed holiday with his wife and two young children. But when Pope Paul VII dies suddenly, Gabriel is summoned to Rome by the Holy Father’s loyal private secretary, Archbishop Luigi Donati. A billion Catholic faithful have been told that the pope died of a heart attack. Donati, however, has two good reasons to suspect his master was murdered. The Swiss Guard who was standing watch the night of the pope’s death is missing. So, too, is the letter the Holy Father was writing during the final hours of his life. A letter that was addressed to an old friend: Gabriel.
While researching in the Vatican Secret Archives, I came upon a most remarkable book …
The book is a long-suppressed gospel that calls into question the accuracy of the New Testament’s depiction of one of the most portentous events in human history. For that reason alone, the Order of St. Helena will stop at nothing to keep it out of Gabriel’s hands. A shadowy Catholic society with ties to the European far right, the Order is plotting to seize control of the papacy. And it is only the beginning …
About the author
Daniel Silva is the award-winning, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Unlikely Spy, The Mark of the Assassin, The Marching Season, The Kill Artist, The English Assassin, The Confessor, A Death in Vienna, Prince of Fire, The Messenger, The Secret Servant, Moscow Rules, The Defector, The Rembrandt Affair, Portrait of a Spy, The Fallen Angel, The English Girl, The Heist, The English Spy, The Black Widow, House of Spies and The Other Woman. He is best known for his long-running thriller series starring spy and art restorer Gabriel Allon. Silva’s books are critically acclaimed bestsellers around the world and have been translated into more than 30 languages. He resides in Florida with his wife, television journalist Jamie Gangel, and their twins, Lily and Nicholas. For more information visit www.danielsilvabooks.com
- Praise for House of Spies:
- ‘A tense, thrilling adventure’ Huffington Post
- Praise for The Black Widow:
- ‘Not only gripping but works as an IS history primer’ Sun
- ‘It is Silva’s creative genius that keeps it all moving, as well as his mastery of storytelling that keeps the intense momentum of the plot ever pushing forward’ Huffington Post
- ‘A fitting final mission for one of fiction’s greatest spies… A dark thriller for difficult times’ Kirkus Review
- ‘Fascinating, suspenseful, and bated-breath exciting’ Publishers Weekly
- ‘Silva builds suspense like a symphony conductor… A winner on all fronts’ Booklist
- Praise for Daniel Silva:
- ‘A truly talented writer’ Sun
- ‘Allon is the 21st century Bond – elegantly paced, subtle and well-informed.’ Daily Mail
- ‘Sexily brooding Allon… must be the most famous superspy not played by Daniel Craig’ Daily Telegraph
- ‘In true Bauer fashion, shoot-outs, kidnappings and international terror plots follow Gabriel Allon wherever he goes’ USA Today
- ‘Silva builds tension with breathtaking double and triple turns of the plot’ People
- ‘A world class practitioner of spy fiction’ Washington Post
- ‘Silva is a master of suspense’ Barbara Taylor Bradford, The Week