When all seems lost…
As Hitler’s bombs rain down on a battered and beleaguered Britain, Ruby Shadwell is dealt the most devastating blow – her entire family lost during the Coventry Blitz.
Hope still survives…
Alone and with the city in chaos, Ruby is determined to survive this war and rebuild her life. And a chance encounter with street urchin Tommy gives Ruby just the chance she needs…
And love will overcome.
Because Tommy brings with him Canadian Sergeant Jean-Paul Clayton. Jean-Paul is drawn to Ruby and wants to help her, but Ruby cannot bear another loss.
Can love bloom amidst the ruins? Or will the war take Ruby’s last chance at happiness too?
About the author
Glynis Peters is the internationally bestselling author of The Secret Orphan, which was a top ten bestseller in Canada and a USA Today bestseller.Glynis lives in the seaside town of Dovercourt-Harwich. In 2014 she was shortlisted for the Festival of Romance New Talent Award.When Glynis is not writing, she enjoys making greetings cards, Cross Stitch, fishing and looking after her gorgeous grandchildren.
- Readers LOVE The Secret Orphan:
- ‘Keeps you wanting to read into the small hours’ Lisa, Goodreads
- ‘The best and most beautiful book I’ve read in a long time’ Brid, Netgalley
- ‘Simply amazing’ Rikki-Doodlebug’s Book Reviews
- ‘Captivated from beginning to end’ Jessyca, Goodreads
- ‘A gripping, page turner set in WWI … Loved it’ Amanda, Netgalley
- ‘A real page turner … You will find yourself in England during the war with a story that will stay with you’ Lou, Goodreads
- ‘A stunning novel and one that should be recommended’ Postcard Reviews
- ‘A must read for WWII historical fiction fans’ Lizbeth, Goodreads
- ‘One of my new favourite novels … I love everything about this story’ Ashley Murphy Reads
- ‘The depiction of wartime life in the Coventry bombings and on a Cornish farm were realistic and compelling’ Vivien Brown
- ‘A story that I will remember for a long time to come’ Shirley, Goodreads Reviewer
- ‘Loved every minute of this hard to put down book … highly recommend putting this on your reading list – especially if you love historical fiction and WWII’ Roxane, Goodreads
- ‘A must-read for anyone who loves historical fiction (especially World War II fiction) or romance’ Kindred Connection Reviews