‘This gripping book will keep you hooked, whatever your age.’ Fabulous magazine
The stunning YA debut thriller from the Sunday Times bestselling author of The Escape.
“You have to help me. We’re not being reformed. We’re being brainwashed.”
All sixteen year old Drew Finch wants is to be left alone. She’s not interested in spending time with her mum and stepdad and when her disruptive fifteen year old brother Mason is expelled from school for the third time and sent to a residential reform academy she’s almost relieved.
Everything changes when she’s followed home from school by the mysterious Dr Cobey, who claims to have a message from Mason. There is something sinister about the ‘treatment’ he is undergoing. The school is changing people.
Determined to help her brother, Drew must infiltrate the Academy and unearth its deepest, darkest secrets.
Before it’s too late.
About the author
C.L. Taylor lives in Bristol with her partner and son. She started writing fiction in 2005 and her short stories have won several awards and have been published by a variety of literary and women’s magazines. C.L. Taylor was voted as one of the Bestselling Adult Fiction Debut Authors of 2014 in The Bookseller.
- ‘A truly heart-pounding page turner for young adults, with a brilliant climax.’ New! magazine
- ‘This gripping book will keep you hooked, whatever your age.’Fabulous magazine
- ‘Suspense, suspicion and sinister secrets abound in this accomplished YA debut.’ Lovereading.co.uk
- ‘Creepy, chilling and thrilling – The Treatment will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very last sentence.’ Tamsyn Murray, author of Instructions for a Second-Hand Heart.
- ‘A gripping look into a nightmare future.’ Caroline Green author of Dark Ride