Begin your journey into Middle-earth.
The inspiration for the upcoming original series on Prime Video.
The second part of J.R.R. Tolkien’s epic adventure THE LORD OF THE RINGS.
The Fellowship is scattered. Some prepare for war against the Dark Lord. Some fight against the treachery of the corrupt wizard Saruman. Only Frodo and Sam are left to take the accursed Ring to be destroyed in the fires of Mount Doom.
Mount Doom lies in the very heart of the Dark Lord’s realm. Their only guide on the perilous journey is Gollum, a deceitful and obsessive creature who once possessed the Ring and longs to wield its power once again.
As dark forces assemble, the fate of Middle-earth rests with two lonely hobbits – but is Gollum leading them to their deaths?
About the author
J.R.R.Tolkien (1892-1973) was a distinguished academic, though he is best known for writing The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion and The Children of Hurin, plus other stories and essays. His books have been translated into over 60 languages and have sold many millions of copies worldwide.
- ‘An extraordinary book. It deals with a stupendous theme. It leads us through a succession of strange and astonishing episodes, some of them magnificent, in a region where everything is invented, forest, moor, river, wilderness, town and the races which inhabit them.’Observer
- ‘Among the greatest works of imaginative fiction of the twentieth century.’Sunday Telegraph
- ‘The English-speaking world is divided into those who have read The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit and those who are going to read them.’Sunday Times
- ‘A story magnificently told, with every kind of colour and movement and greatness.’New Statesman
- ‘Masterpiece? Oh yes, I’ve no doubt about that.’Evening Standard