New cover reissue of this magical story from award-winning international bestselling picture book creator of Lost and Found, Oliver Jeffers.
Once there as a boy, and one day, he found an aeroplane in his cupboard…
He didn’t remember leaving it in there, but he thought he’d take it out for a go right away. At first, all went well and the plane flew higher and higher and higher until… suddenly, with a splutter, it ran out of petrol. The boy was stuck on the moon… and he was not alone…
About the author
Oliver Jeffers graduated from The University of Ulster in 2001 with First Class honours. His outstanding talent has been recognised by several high-profile awards, including the Nestlé Children’s Book Prize Gold Award. ‘Lost and Found’ animation was broadcast on Channel 4. Oliver lives and works in Brookyln, New York.
- Praise for ‘The Incredible Book Eating Boy’
- “Mouth-wateringly irresistible” The Guardian
- Praise for ‘Lost and Found’:
- ‘An uplifting story…pictures of such spare beauty…suffused with a dreamlike quality.’ Independent Online
- ‘Oliver Jeffers makes impressive use of space in this affecting story of friendship…illustrations capture feelings of loss and loneliness through the most delicate nuances of facial expression…and body language.’ Julia Eccleshare, The Guardian
- Praise for ‘How to Catch a Star’:
- ‘The best recent picture book by light years… stylishly spellbinding.’ Telegraph
- ‘A story about possibilities and disappointments with a triumphant ending, all of which Jeffers captures through the beautifully expressive changing moods of his little boy.’ The Guardian