All eight hilarious and heart-warming stories from number one bestselling children’s author, David Walliams, together for the first time in this BUMPER-TASTIC CD collection, read by the author himself!
THE BOY IN THE DRESS:
Dennis’s very ordinary life is about to get a lot more extraordinary. Why? There’s a clue in the title of this book…
When Chloe decides to hide a homeless man in her garden shed, she discovers there’s more to Mr Stink than meets the nose…
Like most grannies, Ben’s has white hair, false teeth… but she is an international jewel thief too!
Joe has a lot of reasons to be happy. About a billion pounds’ worth of them, in fact. There’s just one thing he doesn’t have – a friend…
Can Zoe keep her beloved pet rat safe from the clutches of dastardly Burt of Burt’s Burgers and his dubious burger-making machine?
Strange things were happening in the dead of night. When children put a tooth under their pillow for the tooth fairy, they would wake to find something creepy in its place. Evil was at work. But who or what was behind it?
Stella Saxby is the sole heir to Saxby Hall. But awful Aunt Alberta and her giant owl will stop at nothing to get it from her. Luckily, Stella has a secret – and slightly spooky – weapon up her sleeve…
GRANDPA’S GREAT ESCAPE:
Many years ago Grandpa was a World War II flying ace. But when he is sent to old folk’s home Twilight Towers – run by sinister Matron Swine – it’s up to Grandpa and his grandson, Jack, to plot a daring escape…
About the author
David Walliams has revolutionised reading for children and become one of the most influential children’s writers today. Since the publication of his ground-breaking first novel, The Boy in the Dress (2008), Walliams has seen unprecedented growth with global sales exceeding 32 million copies, and his books translated into 53 languages. Born in London, Tony Ross went to art school in Liverpool. His cartoons have appeared in famous publications the world over. His first book, Hugo and the Wicked Winter, was published in 1972. Tony has since written over 100 books and illustrated over 2000! His creations Towser and The Little Princess have been turned into TV series. David and Tony have worked on six bestselling picture books together, and nine of David’s phenomenally successful children’s novels. David and Tony also collaborated on the 2017 World Book Day title, BLOB, and on the blockbuster collections, The World’s Worst Children 1, 2 and 3.
- Praise for David Walliams’ books:
- “A pleasure to read. A beguilingly funny, original and thought-provoking tale… hilarious” – Amanda Craig, The Times
- “I absolutely love David Walliam’s books. In a few more years they will become classics” – Sue Townsend, author of Adrian Mole, Guardian
- “The new Roald Dahl” – Evening Standard
- “David Walliams…national treasure” Guardian
- “A triumphant mix of wit and warmth” – Telegraph Books of the Year
- “Ridiculously over-the-top and utterly delightful “ – Spectator
- “Another triumph for David Walliams. His books are a breath of wonderful fresh air” – Sun
- “David Walliams’ children’s books are now guaranteed bestsellers… watch this fly off the shelves” – Daily Mail
- “Delightfully funny” – Metro