From Number One bestselling picture book duo, David Walliams and Tony Ross, comes this ssssspectacularly funny picture book for children of 3 and up.
Miranda loves to be different, and on Bring-your-pet-to-school Day she introduces everyone to her very DIFFERENT pet…
Penelope the snake.
Miss Bloat the headmistress doesn’t think snakes should be allowed in school. But Penelope has other ideas…
Introducing a spectacularly slithery new picture book packed with mischief and mayhem from two superstars!
About the author
David Walliams has revolutionised reading for children and become one of the most influential children’s writers today. Since the publication of his ground-breaking first novel, The Boy in the Dress (2008), Walliams has seen unprecedented growth with global sales exceeding 32 million copies, and his books translated into 53 languages. Born in London, Tony Ross went to art school in Liverpool. His cartoons have appeared in famous publications the world over. His first book, Hugo and the Wicked Winter, was published in 1972. Tony has since written over 100 books and illustrated over 2000! His creations Towser and The Little Princess have been turned into TV series. David and Tony have worked on six bestselling picture books together, and nine of David’s phenomenally successful children’s novels. David and Tony also collaborated on the 2017 World Book Day title, BLOB, and on the blockbuster collections, The World’s Worst Children 1, 2 and 3.
- PRAISE FOR WALLIAMS’ PICTURE BOOKS:
- “Pre-schoolers will roar with laughter” – Daily Express
- “Part Aesop, part Spike Milligan… this is rollicking stuff” – Big Issue
- “Funny and with brilliant illustrations… sure to be another bestseller” – The Sun
- PRAISE FOR WALLIAMS:
- “I absolutely love David Walliams’s books. In a few more years they will become classics.” – Sue Townsend, author of Adrian Mole
- “Dahl finally has a worthy successor” – Telgraph
- “Another triumph for David Walliams. His books are a breath of wonderful fresh air” – The Sun