The Sunday Times Number One Bestseller
Jay Shetty, social media superstar and host of the #1 podcast ‘On Purpose’, distils the timeless wisdom he learned as a practising monk into practical steps anyone can take every day to live a less anxious, more meaningful life.
Over the past three years, Jay Shetty has become a favourite in the hearts and minds of millions of people worldwide. One of his clips was the most watched video on Facebook last year, with over 360 million views. His social media following totals over 32 million, he has produced over 400 viral videos, which have amassed more than 5 billion views, and his podcast, ‘On Purpose’, is consistently ranked the world’s #1 health-related podcast.
In this inspiring, empowering book, Shetty draws on his time as a monk in the Vedic tradition to show us how we can clear the roadblocks to our potential and power. Drawing on ancient wisdom and his own rich experiences in the ashram, Think Like a Monk reveals how to overcome negative thoughts and habits, and access the calm and purpose that lie within all of us.
The lessons monks learn are profound but often abstract. Shetty transforms them into advice and exercises we can all apply to reduce stress, improve focus, improve relationships, identify our hidden abilities, increase self-discipline and give the gifts we find in ourselves to the world. Shetty proves that everyone can – and should – think like a monk.
About the author
Jay Shetty is a #1 New York Times bestselling author, award-winning storyteller, podcast host and former monk, on a mission to make wisdom go viral.In 2019, he was AdWeek’s Young Influentials cover star, described as “an emanation of spiritual force.” In 2017, Forbes named him to their 30 Under 30 List for his game-changing impact in media. His viral videos have been viewed more than 8 billion times and he is followed by over 40 million people across social media. Jay created On Purpose, now the world’s #1 Health and Wellness podcast, in 2019. He’s been a keynote speaker around the world, from Google to Microsoft to Netflix to HSBC, and has developed corporate training programs for many clients. His Online School has been attended by over 2 million students and his Genius Coaching community provides weekly programming on the principles and practices for health and wellness to thousands of members in over 100 countries.
- “Who better to help you find meaning in your life than a monk? Jay’s experience and wisdom are invaluable to anyone looking to improve their life and reach their full potential.”—ELLEN DeGENERES, television host, actress, writer, and producer
- “Jay Shetty shows you step by step how to build your power, shifting your focus from self-image to self-esteem. This book frees you from the hypnosis of social conditioning and helps you become the architect of your own life.”—DEEPAK CHOPRA, MD, professor of medicine, University of California, San Diego, and New York Times bestselling author
- “Grab this book, find a comfortable chair, and let Jay Shetty take you on a life-changing journey. Jay guides us with warmth and clarity on a path to greater joy and purpose, offering wisdom that can be put into practice right now. You will want to share it with everyone you love.”—ROBERT WALDINGER, MD, professor of psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, and director, Harvard Study of Adult Development
- “Combining ancient wisdom with the practicalities of today, Think Like a Monk provides essential guidance for traveling a balanced path to success.”—RAY DALIO, founder, co-chairman, and co-chief investment officer of Bridgewater Associates and New York Times bestselling author
- “Jay Shetty has a rare gift for tapping into the world’s timeless wisdom and making it timely by infusing everyday moments with meaning and grace. He’s already shared glimmers of that wisdom with millions on social media, but here he gathers it all into one life-changing volume. Read this book to open your mind, lift your heart, redefine success, and connect with your deeper purpose.”—ARIANNA HUFFINGTON, founder of The Huffington Post, founder and CEO of Thrive Global, and New York Times bestselling author