The Sunday Times Number One Bestseller
Jay Shetty, social media superstar and host of the #1 podcast ‘On Purpose’, distils the timeless wisdom he learned as a practising monk into practical steps anyone can take every day to live a less anxious, more meaningful life.
Over the past three years, Jay Shetty has become a favourite in the hearts and minds of millions of people worldwide. One of his clips was the most watched video on Facebook last year, with over 360 million views. His social media following totals over 32 million, he has produced over 400 viral videos, which have amassed more than 5 billion views, and his podcast, ‘On Purpose’, is consistently ranked the world’s #1 health-related podcast.
In this inspiring, empowering book, Shetty draws on his time as a monk in the Vedic tradition to show us how we can clear the roadblocks to our potential and power. Drawing on ancient wisdom and his own rich experiences in the ashram, Think Like a Monk reveals how to overcome negative thoughts and habits, and access the calm and purpose that lie within all of us.
The lessons monks learn are profound but often abstract. Shetty transforms them into advice and exercises we can all apply to reduce stress, improve focus, improve relationships, identify our hidden abilities, increase self-discipline and give the gifts we find in ourselves to the world. Shetty proves that everyone can – and should – think like a monk.
About the author
Jay Shetty is an author, storyteller, podcaster, and former monk. He is on a mission to share the timeless wisdom of the world in an accessible, relevant, and practical way. Shetty has created over 400 viral videos and hosts the #1 Health and Wellness podcast in the world, On Purpose. Today Jay Shetty is considered one of the most powerful people in the world with a vast social media reach, amassing 38.5M+ million followers and 8 billion views for his ‘Making Wisdom Go Viral’ videos. In 2017, Forbes magazine named him as one of the world's 30 most influential people under 30 and and has won both the Streamy and Shorty Awards for Best Health and Wellness Creator of the Year 2018. Learn more at Jayshetty.me
- “Who better to help you find meaning in your life than a monk? Jay’s experience and wisdom are invaluable to anyone looking to improve their life and reach their full potential.”—ELLEN DeGENERES, television host, actress, writer, and producer
- “Jay Shetty shows you step by step how to build your power, shifting your focus from self-image to self-esteem. This book frees you from the hypnosis of social conditioning and helps you become the architect of your own life.”—DEEPAK CHOPRA, MD, professor of medicine, University of California, San Diego, and New York Times bestselling author
- “Grab this book, find a comfortable chair, and let Jay Shetty take you on a life-changing journey. Jay guides us with warmth and clarity on a path to greater joy and purpose, offering wisdom that can be put into practice right now. You will want to share it with everyone you love.”—ROBERT WALDINGER, MD, professor of psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, and director, Harvard Study of Adult Development
- “Combining ancient wisdom with the practicalities of today, Think Like a Monk provides essential guidance for traveling a balanced path to success.”—RAY DALIO, founder, co-chairman, and co-chief investment officer of Bridgewater Associates and New York Times bestselling author
- “Jay Shetty has a rare gift for tapping into the world’s timeless wisdom and making it timely by infusing everyday moments with meaning and grace. He’s already shared glimmers of that wisdom with millions on social media, but here he gathers it all into one life-changing volume. Read this book to open your mind, lift your heart, redefine success, and connect with your deeper purpose.”—ARIANNA HUFFINGTON, founder of The Huffington Post, founder and CEO of Thrive Global, and New York Times bestselling author