‘Nevertheless, she persisted’
has become a rallying cry for millions of those fed up with phony promises and governments that no longer serve their people. In this inspiring #1 New York Times bestseller and inspiring book, U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren argues for a fair future for ordinary working people. Join the fight!
In this passionate book, one of America’s leading progressive voices empowers those who wish for a fairer society. This Fight Is Our Fight lays out the many wrongs Democrat Senator Elizabeth Warren seeks to right and builds on her meme, ‘Nevertheless, she persisted’, which spread across the world as a rallying cry for the millions who wish to fight back.
From Roosevelt’s New Deal through to President Trump’s phoney promises, this is a sharp critique of how big corporations and financial institutions overpowered the interests of poor, lower-income and middle-class people.
Writing in her trademark candid, high-spirited voice, Warren delivers a rousing call to action, outlining how government can better serve the people who now face an uncertain future. A must read for those who want a more inclusive society.
About the author
Elizabeth Warren is the senior U.S. Senator from Massachusetts. A former Harvard Law School professor, she is the author of ten books, including A Fighting Chance, a national bestseller that received widespread critical acclaim. One of nation’s most influential progressives, she has long been a champion of working families and the middle class. The mother of two and grandmother of three, she lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with her husband, Bruce Mann.
- ‘This Fight Is Our Fight is a smart, tough-minded book … What Democrats need right now is a reason to keep fighting. And that’s something Warren’s muscular, unapologetic book definitely offers. It’s an important contribution’ New York Times
- ‘This Fight Is Our Fight provides an insider’s look at the machinations that are undermining the U.S. economy and political system. Warren spells out what is happening and what needs to be done to reverse the slide … Warren is outspoken, personable, emphatic, dedicated … It is unusual for any politician to be so open’ New York Journal of Books
- ‘Girded for battle, the senior senator from Massachusetts forcefully lays out the bleak picture of an American government increasingly controlled by corporate greed and special interests … The author sounds the alarm that an oligarchy is in the making, and her urgency is palpable and necessary. Inspiring words to empower Warren’s marching army’ Kirkus (starred review)
- Praise for Elizabeth Warren:
- ‘Moving … Ultimately, the book’s message is that one person can make a difference … After reading this book, it is comforting to know that Elizabeth Warren, with her passion, anger and bluntness, will not be silenced’ Washington Post
- “[Warren’s] storytelling is well-paced and engaging… She mixes policy points with rich behind-the-scenes anecdotes’ Boston Globe
- ‘A revealing account of Warren’s rise to prominence … [Warren’s] arguments demand to be taken seriously … As a politician and activist, Warren’s great strength is that she retains the outsider’s perspective, and the outsider’s sense of moral outrage … She’s an indomitable battler for the underdog, and she doesn’t take no for an answer’ New York Review of Books
- ‘The Wall Street watchdog and U.S. senator has produced a readable and sometimes infuriating explanation of the biggest financial crisis of our time’ People
- “[Warren] has a compelling story to tell … She is also entertaining about professional politics’ Economist