The enthralling sequel to Barbara Taylor Bradford’s universally loved novels, A Woman of Substance and Hold The Dream.
Set in Yorkshire, Hong Kong and America, this remarkable novel continues the story of an unorthodox and endlessly fascinating family. As the spirit of Emma Harte lives on in her granddaughter, Paula O’Neill, an engrossing drama is played out in the glamorous arena of the wealthy and privileged, underscored by a cut-throat world of jealousy and treachery.
Paula must act with daring and courage to preserve her formidable grandmother’s glittering empire from unscrupulous enemies – so that Emma’s precious dream lives on for the next generation…
‘A compulsive read’ Daily Mail
About the author
Barbara Taylor Bradford was born and raised in England. She started her writing career on the Yorkshire Evening Post and later worked as a journalist in London. Her first novel, A Woman of Substance, became an enduring bestseller and was followed by twenty-three others, including the bestselling Harte series. In 2006 The Ravenscar Dynasty began an epic new family series around Ravenscar and the house of Deravenel. Barbara’s books have sold more than eighty-one million copies worldwide in more than ninety countries and forty languages. In October of 2007, Barbara was appointed an OBE by the Queen for her services to literature. She lives in New York City with her husband, television producer Robert Bradford.
- Praise for Barbara Taylor Bradford:
- ‘Queen of the genre.’ Sunday Times
- ‘Few novelists are as consummate as Barbara Taylor Bradford at keeping the reader turning the page. She is one of the world’s best at spinning yarns.’ Guardian
- ‘A classic saga of loyalty, secrets, passion and intrigue…if you’ve been suffering withdrawal symptoms from Downton, this is for you’ Daily Mail
- ‘As romantic and thrilling as the rest’ Independent on Sunday
- ‘Another great yarn from the ultimate storyteller’ The Sun
- ‘The storyteller of substance.’ The Times