An incredible new thriller you won’t want to put down!
A shocking murder…
It’s a case unlike anything detective Mina Dabiri has seen before. A woman trapped inside a magician’s box, with swords pierced through. But this time, it’s not a magic trick. It’s murder.
A case which twists and turns…
Knowing she has a terrifying killer on her hands, Mina enlists the help of celebrity mentalist, Vincent Walter. Only he can give her an insight into the secret world of magic and illusions.
A ticking clock to stop a serial killer…
Mina and Vincent soon discover that the murder victim has the roman numeral III engraved on her leg. The killer is counting down. There are going to be three more murders. And time is running out to stop them.
About the author
Camilla Lackberg is a worldwide bestseller renowned for her brilliant contemporary psychological thrillers. Her novels have sold over 29 million copies in 60 countries with translations into 43 languages.
- Praise for Camilla Lackberg:
- ‘A sexy, sensational novel with intoxicating vengeance and an unexpected tenderness – The Golden Cage is tensely and skillfully drawn’ Karin Slaughter
- ‘Lackberg’s new embrace of a terrifying revenge scenario furnishes visceral psychological crime.’ Financial Times
- ‘The Golden Cage is a twisting, brutal tale of betrayal and revenge. Lackberg paints a vivid portrait of a dark and complicated anti-heroine who is both the abused and abuser, victim and victimizer. A chilling, timely read sure to thrill her international legion of fans!’ Lisa Unger,New York Times bestselling author of The Stranger Inside
- ‘A wonderful, take-no-prisoners mashup of Gone Girl, Billions, and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’ Chris Bohjalian, New York Times best-selling author of The Flight Attendant and The Red Lotus
- ‘Camilla Läckberg is a master of psychological suspense: she grabbed me by the throat with this sharply written, wildly entertaining tale of wealth, power and revenge and kept me up straight through the night’ Cristina Alger, New York Times best-selling author of Girls Like Us
- ‘Domesticity and brutality are Lackberg staples… Tightly plotted… Unflinching’ Sunday Times
- ‘Heart-stopping and heart-warming … a masterclass in Scandinavian crime writing’ Val McDermid
- ‘Pacy … with flashing insight into the dark places of the psyche’ Sunday Times
- ‘A top-class Scandinavian crime writer’ The Times
- ‘The rock star of Nordic Noir’ Independent
- ‘Lackberg is an expert at mixing scenes of domestic cosiness with blood-curdling horror’ Guardian
- ‘Both chilling and thrilling’ Sun
- ‘A satisfying and counterintuitive clash between the cosy and gruesome strands of the genre’ Guardian