A collection of interlinked tales of crime and retribution laced with dark humour, set around the festive season – from the No. 1 bestseller Stuart MacBride
Thieves, drug dealers, lap-dancers, gangsters and even the odd good guy populate these twelve tales exploring the seedier side of life in North East Scotland.
About the author
Stuart MacBride is the number one bestselling author of the DS Logan McRae series.His novels have won him the CWA Dagger in the Library, the Barry Award for Best Debut Novel, and Best Breakthrough Author at the ITV3 crime thriller awards.Stuart’s other works include Halfhead, a near-future thriller, and Sawbones, a novella aimed at adult emergent readers, as well as several short stories.He lives in the north-east of Scotland with his wife, Fiona, and cat, Grendel.
- Praise for Stuart MacBride:
- ‘Fierce, unflinching and shot through with the blackest of humour; this is crime fiction of the highest order’Mark Billingham
- ‘Some of the grittiest crime-writing in the field’Independent
- ‘Admirers of tough, modern crime novels will be in seventh heaven – or should that be hell?’Express
- ‘Ferocious and funny, this is Tartan Noir at its best’Val McDermid
- ‘Hard-hitting prose with a bone-dry humour and characters you can genuinely believe in, Stuart MacBride’s novels are a real treat’Simon Kernick