Perfect lives. Perfect lies.
The brand new novel from the global bestselling author of The Devil Wears Prada
Peyton Marcus is the woman New York wakes up to, anchor of the most-watched morning show in the city. With a husband who adores her and a daughter who’s headed to one of the best Ivy League schools, Peyton Marcus is that woman, and she’s damn good at it…
Skye, her sister, is a stay-at-home mom in Paradise, the idyllic NY suburb that’s home to designer boutiques and people who fly private. She has a knack for helicopter-parenting with the best of them. But she’s not like them. She’s looking for something real and it’s within touching distance…
Max, Peyton’s bright and quirky seventeen-year-old daughter, is poised to kiss the fancy private school she hates goodbye – and all of its spoiled rich kids – and head off to pursue her dreams in film. She’s waited her entire life for this opportunity…
But suddenly the grass isn’t looking so green. One little lie. That was all it took. Will any of them survive the truth?
About the author
Lauren Weisberger is the author of The Devil Wears Prada, which spent more than a year on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists, and became an iconic film starring Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. Her other novels have also been bestsellers, with over 13 million copies sold worldwide. She lives in Connecticut with her family.
- ‘I love Lauren’s writing, so tart and witty and refreshing’ Jenny Colgan
- ‘Clever, astute and thoroughly enjoyable’ Jane Green
- ‘A juicy, escapist page-turner with a scandal at its heart. Fellow fans of Desperate Housewives, The Morning Show and Big Little Lies will adore it’ Tasmina Perry
- ‘Weisberger never loses her trademark beach-read breeziness as she tackles weighty problems of familial trust with a pitch-perfect blend of humor and poignancy’ Booklist
- Praise for Lauren Weisberger –
- ‘Feisty, funny and dishes up glamour and scandal in spades. Just what I want for my poolside read’, Adele Parks for Glamour
- ‘The Wives, Weisberger’s seventh novel, is among her best . . . real depth beneath its shiny surface’ Independent
- ‘Wildly entertaining’ Evening Standard
- ‘I thoroughly enjoyed this. Real Housewives meets The Good Wife’ Margaret Madden, Sunday Independent
- ‘Entertaining, sexy and laugh-out-loud funny’ Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen, bestselling authors of The Wife Between Us