The #1 New York Times bestseller
‘Glossy, gritty, breathlessly suspenseful, effortlessly authentic, and altogether wonderful ’ Lee Child
‘A compelling, suspenseful mystery’ Mark Billingham
‘A mesmerising legal thriller’ Michael Connelly
An explosive secret
When legendary Washington judge Justice Wynn falls into a coma and puts his law clerk, Avery, in control, Avery’s world is turned upside down. Because Justice Wynn had a secret. One that nobody wants to come out…
A life in the balance
As Wynn lies in hospital, Avery begins to unravel a sequence of clues, and realizes the puzzle will lead her directly into danger.
A showdown that will change everything
But how high a price can you put on the truth? And is Avery brave enough to expose the White House itself?
A gripping political thriller from the activist, leader, and speaker Stacey Abrams.
‘Brilliant’ LISA GARDNER
‘Twisty and full of surprises’ KARIN SLAUGHTER
‘Demands to be read in one sitting’ JEFFERY DEAVER
‘Thrilling’ LEE CHILD
About the author
Stacey Abrams is the two-time New York Times bestselling author of Our Time Is Now and Lead from the Outside, an entrepreneur, and a political leader. She served eleven years in the Georgia House of Representatives, seven as Minority Leader, and became the 2018 Democratic nominee for governor of Georgia, where she won more votes than any other Democrat in the state's history. She has launched multiple organizations devoted to voting rights, training and hiring young people of color, and tackling social issues at the state, national, and international levels. She is the founder of Fair Fight, Fair Count, and the Southern Economic Advancement Project. Abrams is a lifetime member of the Council on Foreign Relations and sits on the advisory board of Climate Power 2020 and the advocacy board of the Women's National Basketball Players Association. She has received degrees from Spelman College, the LBJ School of Public Affairs at the University of Texas, and Yale Law School.
- PRAISE FOR STACEY ABRAMS:
- ‘A compelling and suspenseful mystery’ Mark Billingham
- ‘Remarkable. A twisting, complex legal thriller, steeped in authenticity from the author’s own immense background’ Peter James
- ‘Glossy, gritty, breathlessly suspenseful, effortlessly authentic, and altogether wonderful’ Lee Child
- ‘A mesmerizing legal thriller that does the rare thing: It uses the novel to get at the truth’ Michael Connelly
- ‘Brilliant. This masterfully plotted thriller unfolds like the ultimate chess match—bold move to bolder move with lives hanging in the balance’ Lisa Gardner
- ‘Stacey Abrams firmly establishes herself as a powerful new player in the crime thriller space, with her heroine Avery providing a voice to women everywhere. Twisty, clever and full of surprises, Abrams proves she is a force to be reckoned with in fiction’ Karin Slaughter
- ‘One of the best political thrillers I’ve read in years. Abrams has given us a book that demands to be read in one sitting!’ Jeffery Deaver
- ‘Stacey Abrams is a true novelist, and While Justice Sleeps is a first-class legal thriller. It’s fast-paced and full of surprises–a terrific read’ Scott Turow
- ‘A killer thriller. Loaded with legal intrigue, corrupt politicians, and the history of chess, Abrams proves why the most powerful piece on the board is the Queen. Well played and so much fun’ Brad Meltzer
- ‘Alegal thriller of the highest order. Its crisp prose and high-octane plot call to mind the best of John Grisham, but Avery Keene is a fresh, modern heroine entirely of Abrams’ own making’ Cristina Alger
- ‘A sweaty-palm sprint through the hidden corridors of government and the shadowy streets of DC. I hope she will write many more’ Kathy Reichs
- ‘Gripping, intricate, and timely’ Heather Graham
- ‘Clever, twisty, propulsive, and utterly authentic, While Justice Sleeps is an absolute must-read’ Alafair Burke