Seven guests. Seven secrets. One killer. Do you dare to SLEEP?
‘Beware! Sleep does not do what it says on the tin: I was awake until the small hours under its dark and twisty spell.’ FIONA BARTON
All Anna wants is to be able to sleep. But crushing insomnia, terrifying night terrors and memories of that terrible night are making it impossible. If only she didn’t feel so guilty…
To escape her past, Anna takes a job at a hotel on the remote Scottish island of Rum, but when seven guests join her, what started as a retreat from the world turns into a deadly nightmare.
Each of the guests have a secret, but one of them is lying – about who they are and why they’re on the island. There’s a murderer staying in the Bay View hotel. And they’ve set their sights on Anna.
Seven strangers. Seven secrets. One deadly lie.
The million-copy bestseller is back in her darkest, twistiest book to date. Read it if you dare! Perfect for fans of Lesley Kara’s The Rumour and Cara Hunter’s DI Fawley Thrillers.
What people are saying about SLEEP:
‘Wow just wow!… I loved it’ Karen’s World
‘WOW!… Sleep!!! You wont get any if you start to read it in the evening! So be warned!!!’ Reader review
‘Superb… her books just keep getting better and better – this one was a belter!!’ Donna’s Book Blog
‘A cracking story… A heart in your mouth plot’ Books from Dusk ‘til Dawn
‘Extremely creepy, atmospheric and twisty.’ CLAIRE DOUGLAS, author of Do Not Disturb
‘Sleep will keep you up all night.’ MARK EDWARDS, author of The Retreat
‘As always, C L Taylor knocks it out of the park!’ Reader review
“Reminiscent of Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None… a final killer twist that is as satisfying as it is unexpected” Mature Times
“Everything we love in a thriller: creepy, tense and pacy enough to get your heart racing” Good Housekeeping
‘A perfectly written psychological thriller… filled with plot twist after plot twist… I was on the edge of my seat for every page.’ 2016 and Beyond
About the author
C.L. Taylor is a Sunday Times bestselling author. Her psychological thrillers have sold over a million copies in the UK alone, been translated into over twenty languages, and optioned for television. Her 2019 novel, Sleep, was a Richard and Judy pick. C.L. Taylor lives in Bristol with her partner and son.
- Praise for Sleep:
- ‘Beware! Sleep does not do what it says on the tin: I was awake until the small hours under its dark and twisty spell.’ Fiona Barton
- ‘Sleep kept me awake until the early hours…extremely creepy, atmospheric and twisty. I never guessed that ending!’ Claire Douglas
- ‘Another cracking psychological thriller from CL Taylor. Sleep will keep you up all night.’ Mark Edwards
- ‘Yet another brilliantly atmospheric page turner.’ Michelle Frances, author of The Girlfriend
- ‘An edgy, page-turning, genuinely thrilling read.’ Christian White, bestselling author of The Nowhere Child
- ‘A classic premise with a paranoid protagonist and juicy suspects. Great book!’ Steve Cavanagh
- ‘A propulsive, twisty thriller with an ending you won’t see coming.’ Mel McGrath
- ‘Chilling, wonderfully atmospheric, with a knock-out ending I can’t stop thinking about.’ Paula Daley
- ‘Another masterclass in heart-in-mouth suspense.’ Tammy Cohen
- ‘A new C.L. Taylor is always cause for excitement and Sleep is another cracker.’ Cass Green
- ‘She does it every time. A dark and clever tale of twisted mind games. Totally absorbing and addictive. Loved it.’ Mel Sherratt
- ‘Deeply addictive, dark and so, so twisty.’ Lucy Clarke
- ‘Claustrophobic and twisty in a terrifyingly remote setting.’ Gilly Macmillan, New York Times bestselling author of What She Knew
- Praise for C.L. Taylor:
- ‘Fans of C.L. Taylor are in for a treat. The Fear is her best yet.’ Clare Mackintosh
- ‘Smart, packing a punch to the heart, and dark in all the right places.’ Sarah Pinborough
- ‘A highly original and timely tale that kept me utterly enthralled and entertained from beginning to end.’ Liz Nugent
- ‘Dark and disturbing. This is a book I will remember for a long time.’ Rachel Abbott