‘Forget a good night’s sleep. Aurora is epic’ Linwood Barclay
When the lights go out no one is safe…
A planet without power.
When a solar storm hits the earth, the lights go out across the planet. But this time the blackout won’t be over soon – it could last for years. Aubrey and her stepson now face the biggest challenge of their lives.
A society without rules.
Soon they hear rumours of riots, the struggle for food becomes real, and even within their small communities, the rule of law is collapsing. Aubrey’s estranged brother Thom, a self-made billionaire who abandoned her years ago, retreats to a gilded desert bunker where he can ride out the crisis in perfect luxury.
A race to build a better world…
But the complicated history between the siblings is far from over, and what feels like the end of the world is just the beginning of a personal reckoning long overdue…
About the author
David Koepp is a celebrated American screenwriter who’s written more than two dozen feature films in a wide variety of genres, including the first two Jurassic Park films, Death Becomes Her, Carlito’s Way, The Paper, Mission: Impossible, Spider-Man, Panic Room, War of the Worlds, Angels and Demons, and Inferno. Some of the films he’s both written and directed are Stir of Echoes, Secret Window, Ghost Town, and Premium Rush, the latter two co-written with John Kamps. Koepp is also the author of the novel Cold Storage. He lives in Santa Barbara.
- ‘Forget a good night’s sleep. Aurora is epic, but personal and poignant, horrifying and darkly funny, and flat-out suspenseful’ Linwood Barclay
- ‘Aurora contains two great narratives on a collision course. When, where and how they collide will you keep you turning pages right up to The End’ Brian De Palma
- Praise for Cold Storage:
- ‘Gruesome, terrifying, pulse-pounding, and also pretty goddamn funny in places. You need to get on this right away.’ Stephen King
- ‘Jurrassic Park screenwriter Koepp’s jaunty debut … it’s Michael Crichton with laughs’ Financial Times
- ‘Pure entertainment’ New York Times
- ‘A gripping, fast-paced outbreak thriller’ Sci-Fi Now
- ‘Chilling’ Daily Mail
- ‘Frightening’ Mail on Sunday
- ‘Riotously entertaining’ Blake Crouch
- ‘You’ll be grinning and gagging in equal measure’ SFX
- ‘A thrilling, funny, and unexpectedly moving joy ride’ Scott Smith
- ‘You might as well put your plans on ice for the next twenty-four hours, as all you’ll be doing is reading this book. The very definition of ‘thriller,’ David Koepp’s Cold Storage grabs you and shakes you and ultimately leaves you grinning’ Scott Frank
- ‘Cold Storage is The Andromeda Strain on crack: chilling end-of-the-world terror infected with wicked humour. Koepp pulls it off with style. When the real apocalypse arrives, may it be even half as funny as this’ Linwood Barclay
- ‘An ultra-flammable combination of science-based horror, primal nightmare-level terror, and unrelenting action, cunningly tied together by indelible characters and a satisfyingly sly, knowing sense of humour’ Steven Soderbergh, Academy Award-winning director of Traffic and Ocean’s Eleven